Job Title: Python / Django Lead Developer
Salary range: $85,000 - $120,000
Location: Work From Home - USA Residents Only - No Outsourcing
Department: Human Resources
Hours: Full Time
Start date: Immediately
This is a REMOTE programming position for legal USA residents living and working in the USA.
EvoGov is currently looking for an experienced Python developer with considerable experience programming with the Django framework. Your work experience must include building meaningful production-ready web applications.
We specialize in building websites and purpose-built applications for local government agencies across North America. Our customers include cities, towns, townships, counties, utilities, and special districts across North America. Our platform runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and is built using Python, Django, and PostgreSQL databases. Our code base is 100% traditional Django on the latest version running on Python 3 with some CoffeeScript. Our code base is mature and stable and is hosted on Amazon AWS using; EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, PostgreSQL on RDS, and more. Since Covid-19, local municipalities are moving more and more of their services online, and we are seeing growth in our services, with new potential to increase revenue with new paid applications that we will develop on our existing platform.
Our ideal candidate is a hardworking, passionate Python/Django Developer with at least 2 years’ experience in developing and deploying meaningful Django applications. A Computer Science degree is preferred, but not required. Excellent English language communication and writing skills are a must. You must be passionate about building secure, high-performance applications and open-source technologies. Our ideal candidate is not afraid to take a central role in the development of our platform.
Join our team as a Senior or Mid-Level Python back-end developer, depending on your experience and skill set. You will be coding bug fixes, new features, and entirely new applications that will dovetail into our existing Django application suite.
- Contribute to the development of new back-end components in our Django application suite.
- Attend daily/weekly standup meetings using Zoom.
- Communicate with team members via Slack.
- Utilize Redmine and Basecamp for tracking projects, development tasks, and bug fixes.
- Work with front-end developers and management to improve usability and features for key users.
- Contribute to ongoing platform design and architecture
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Python and PostgreSQL: 3+ Years
- Experience using online code versioning systems (Github, CodeCommit).
- Worked as a lead, sole or senior developer on a significant web development project.
- Expert level Python / Django. Experience creating local development environments (pip, vagrant, virtualenv, virtualbox, etc.)
- Training and foundational experience with Object Oriented Programming and a solid grasp of coding best practices.
- Solid understanding of HTTP, REST.
- Nginx and Apache experience.
- TSQL - the ability to write SQL statements and complex joins.
- Foundational experience with CSS, HTML and corresponding best practices. Designer-level experience not required.
- SQL Database experience. We use PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Strong Linux/Unix or OS X experience and proficiency with terminal (e.g. BASH) commands and scripts.
- Enthusiasm with favorite text editor or IDE.
- Use version control regularly - we use Amazon Code Commit.
- -Debugging expertise.
Great Skills to Have:
- MS SQL Server - database of our legacy platform
- Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Route, Elastic Beanstalk. CodeCommit, Cloudfront)
- Perform debug work on our current application and hosting stack to keep it running smoothly as we upgrade to the new platform. Training will be provided.
- Your focus will be our Django project and stack.
- Maintain code versioning on AWS CodeCommit. We have a mature Django project running in production already, so you won’t be starting from scratch.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits are negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full-time opportunity. Part-time contractors may also apply.
- Equal opportunity employer.
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year. Increases to 4 weeks after year 3.
- 6 days of personal time off annually.
- Stock options available to legal USA residents after 90-day probationary period with a signed employment commitment/agreement for a full-time position.
- Partnership opportunity and right of first refusal if you wish to purchase additional stock.
- 401K plan.
- Health savings plan account – also negotiable.
We would love to meet you. Apply today.