Municipal websites that EvoGov develops include a standard department page layout that has some interactive features built-in and is included with your design at no additional cost.
For example, department pages include:
- Department Home Page Slideshow
- News and Press Release Area (dynamic)
- Events and Meeting Calendars (dynamic)
- Action buttons (uniform set design site-wide across all departments)
- Welcome Message
- Staff Directory
Which departments require a custom home page design?
Some departments at towns, cities, and counties are VERY content-heavy, and they require a customized home page or a separate website altogether. One way to avoid building a separate website for these busy departments is to build a custom home page for them. This is sometimes necessary when a standard department page just won't do for these very busy departments. A custom home page allows for a more robust home page that is dedicated to the department, giving them the full width of the screen for interactive elements and action items. Custom department page design requires more setup time, meetings, and design work to accomplish, but your overall website will be more polished and easier to use with these home pages in place.
Here are some examples of departments that may need a custom home page:
For Towns, Township, Boroughs, and Cities:
- Police Department - Need to show job openings, crime reporting, a link to pay fines, and property wellness check forms, social media accounts.
- Parks and Recreation - Need to show activity guides, field conditions, facility reservations, pay for class signups, social media accounts.
- Code Inspection - Need to show a 311 system for reporting code violations, and more.
- Public Works - Need to show road closures, construction projects, emergency messages, and more.
- Sheriff Office - need to show jail reports, warrants, recruitment, social media accounts, etc.
- Courts - Need to show jury duty information, a way to pay fines, building locations, jail information, FAQ, more.
- Public Health - since Covid-19, public health departments need new communication tools.
What is the cost of a custom home page for a busy department?
The cost is $1500-$2400 depending on the amount of work and features involved.